Contact our IT leasing team today to discuss the cost savings of leasing your IT equipment.
(a) The terms set out in this Data Protection Statement apply to any information you give Innovent Leasing Limited and/or any member of the Innovent Group from time to time. It will also apply to any information you have already provided.
(b) We may revise or supplement our Data Protection Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of new or improved systems, methods of operation, services or facilities;
- to reflect an actual or expected change in market conditions or general banking practice of our funding banks;
- to comply with or anticipate any changes in any legal or regulatory requirement;
- to ensure that our business is run prudently;
- to make our Data Protection Statement clearer or more favourable to you; or
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time.
(c) You must not send us personal information about someone else without first getting his or her consent for it to be used and disclosed in the ways set out in our Data Protection Statement. This is because we will assume he or she has consented, although we may still ask for confirmation from them. Where you do give us information about someone else, or someone else discloses a connection with you, that information may be taken into account with your other personal information.
(d) We treat your privacy very seriously and we understand that you will wish to know how we will use the information we collect from or about you. We use your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection Statement and will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation (including the Data Protection Act 1998). It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your data yourself (for example, by ensuring that all passwords and access codes are kept secure).
e) Innovent Leasing Limited is ultimately owned by Innovent Investment Holdings (pty) of South Africa.
Information which we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
(a) Information you provide (either directly or through an agent such as a solicitor, advisor or introducer) by completing an application for our products and services, whether in writing, on our website, over the telephone or by some other means. This information may include your name, address, contact details, date of birth, bank details, details about your employment and financial information.
(b) Records of any correspondence from you or anyone acting on your behalf.
(c) Details of transactions you carry out with us.
(d) Your credit history, where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you.
Use of information collected
(a) We may process, transfer and disclose your information for the purposes of:
- providing you with services, managing your accounts and complying with your instructions;
- verifying your identity;
- taking credit decisions, where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you;
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- complying with laws and regulations (including the rules of any regulatory authority) and public duties;
- monitoring and/or recording your telephone calls and electronic transactions in order to accurately carry out your instructions;
- assisting in improving our services and in the interests of security and crime prevention;
- market research and providing you with information via mail, telephone or other means about Innovent Group’s products or services from time to time; and
- analysis in order to assess and improve our business or the business of Innovent Group and the services Innovent Group offers.
(b) We will act proportionately and responsibly when we process, transfer or disclose your information and we will act strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
(c) Where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you, we may from time to time make searches of your record at a credit reference agency. Your record includes searches made and information given by other businesses. Details of our searches will be kept by the agency and will be seen by other organisations that make searches with the agency for the purposes of credit assessment, debt recovery, management of your accounts, prevention of money laundering and fraud, and statistical analysis.
(d) We may at any time search your record with a fraud prevention agency. If at any time you give us or procure the giving of false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. The fraud prevention agency will use information recorded for statistical analysis about fraud and will also share it with other organisations who will use it to prevent fraud and to help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and claims by you, members of your household or any other businesses associated with you.
(e) We may from time to time contact you about products and services available from the Innovent Group which we believe may be of interest to you. We may do this by post or by phone unless you have told us in writing not to; and by e-mail, text or other electronic means if you have told us in writing that we can. You can tell us in writing at any time if you change your mind.
(f) Where you apply for credit we will tell you, where permitted by law, if we make a decision about you relating to your credit scoring or eligibility for our products or services solely using an automatic decision making process. You can then request a review by us of the decision using other means.
Disclosure of your information
(a) Your personal information may be passed to and used by companies within Innovent Group and our agents and sub-contractors including the Banks who provide the funding of our Leases. administer or process the information on our behalf. Please contact the Data Protection Officer at Innovent Leasing Limited of 32 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7DR for an up-to-date list of the current members of Innovent Group.
(b) Where you have been introduced to us by an introducer, we will inform the introducer about the outcome of your application and whether we have agreed to provide you with the product or service for which you have applied. We may also disclose information about you and your relationship with us throughout the term of that relationship. If you do not wish us to disclose this information, please inform us in writing.
(c) We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Innovent Leasing Limited or substantially all of one or both of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Innovent Leasing Limited customers, or others.
(a) We may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries which may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom.
(b) In particular, your information may be sent to the USA, South Africa and any other jurisdiction in which we, another member of the Innovent Group, an agent or a sub-contractor carries on business. If this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
Access to your information and correction
Subject to some exceptions, you have a right to access personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold, you should write to the Data Protection Officer at Innovent Leasing Limited, 32 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7DR. We will respond to you within forty days of receipt of the request and we will charge the statutory rate for this service, which at present is £10. You may also request from us details of the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies with which we may have carried out searches. If there are any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you, please notify us of this in order that we may correct the information we hold about you.
How to contact Us
If you have any comments or questions about our Data Protection Statement please contact the Data Protection Officer at InnoVent Leasing Limited, 32 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7DR.